Buy now, pay later.
Split your entire online purchase into 4 interest-free payments, over 6 weeks with no impact to your credit.
Here's how to Sezzle
Shop and add items to your cart as normal!
Choose Sezzle at Checkout! You’ll be redirected to Sezzle to Sign Up or Log In to complete your order.
Your order will be shipped out right away* and your payments will be split up over 6 weeks.
*shipping times subject to merchant shipping policy
Download the App
Shop directory. Reschedule payments. Plus more!
What is Sezzle, and how does it work?
Sezzle is a payment solution that gives you the freedom to buy now and pay later - with no interest!
When you place an order through Sezzle, our unique approvals system reviews your account to determine what sort of repayment plan we can offer. In most cases, it's 25% of the order total due up-front (also called your "downpayment" or "first installment"), with the remaining amount divided up across three more installments, each due two weeks apart. No interest, no up-front or hidden fees. In fact, as long as you pay off your installments on time, there are no fees at all!
When your order is placed, Sezzle pays the merchant in-full for the order immediately - so the merchant has their funds and is able to process your order just like if you had paid them in full with a credit card! This isn't layaway, so the merchant fulfills your order within their normal shipping and processing times.
Our checkout is straight forward - simply shop at a merchant that offers Sezzle, select "Sezzle" at checkout, and we walk you through the rest of the process.
What's the catch?
There's no catch. We don't charge interest, and we only charge fees if a payment fails or you need to adjust the date of your payments more than once per order. We also only run a soft credit check (or "soft inquiry"), so there's no negative hit to your credit score.
If that all sounds great to you (and we hope it does), there are a few requirements to get started shopping with Sezzle:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a US or Canadian phone number that can receive texts
- Have a working email address
- Have a bank account, a debit card, or a credit card available
How does Sezzle impact my credit score?
Sezzle does offer an upgraded account called Sezzle Up with a feature to build your credit, access to your limit, and a boost, as well as exclusive in-app merchants. At this time, Sezzle does not report activity to any credit bureaus for users not enrolled in Sezzle Up. You can read more about Sezzle Up and credit reporting:
How do refunds work?
Here at Sezzle, we make getting a refund as easy as possible because we’ve got you covered! Here’s what you need to know.
- As soon as the merchant sends us a refund, we'll let you know. Your payment plan will be updated automatically and we will send you an email detailing exactly what’s changed
- Until the merchant processes your refund to Sezzle, we continue collecting payments per our user agreement.
- Anything refunded to you will cancel outstanding payments first and then whatever is left over is sent straight back to the payment method you used to originally place your order. We want to cancel or reduce unpaid installments first to prevent you from receiving a credit only to still owe us another installment.
- Sometimes refunds can be returned in installment amounts to reflect how the payments were made originally, so it’s helpful to check for anything labeled “Sezzle,” rather than specific amounts.
- If you’ve received communication from the merchant that they’ve sent a refund, but you haven’t received an email from Sezzle confirming a refund was issued, it can be helpful to follow up with the merchant regarding its status.
- If the merchant issues store credit, no changes will be made to your Sezzle order. You will still be responsible for all payments because you received the purchase price back in a different form. Similarly, if a merchant refund is issued via cash or a third party such as Venmo or PayPal, a refund will not be issued to your Sezzle account.